Greetings Foothills Church Family…
I wanted to reach out to you with an update on actions our church has taken to support both our sister churches impacted by the Camp Fire tragedy: The Paradise Alliance Church and the Chico Neighborhood Church (serving as an evacuation shelter).
We have sent a 10k dollar donation to each church from our Benevolent Fund, which many of you support regularly. We are also designating a Foothills Response Team to help our church mobilize further assistance that will be needed in the early weeks following this tragedy.
HERE ARE A FEW WAYS YOU CAN HELP:
1. To learn of the latest needs please visit the Fire Disaster Relief table at on our patio this Sunday.
2. Over the next month, I would ask you to be mindful of furniture/household items that you might be able to part ways with in order to help families outfit their new rentals or temporary housing they secure.
3. Give to our Benevolent Fund at Foothills Church to help replenish what we have given to our sister churches in Paradise and Chico.
4. If you would like to give additional support directly to the Paradise Alliance Church donate through the push-pay account: Click Here. When you click this link it will take you to the Paradise donation page. Please note: You must select the drop down menu labeled “Giving Type” and then choose “Camp Fire Relief Fund.” These direct donations will be distributed by the Paradise Alliance Leadership Board as they see fit for their church families and families they minister to in the community.
5. You can Click Here to view the volunteer schedule at the Chico Neighborhood Church and add your name. The Google Doc is also posted on the Neighborhood Church of Chico Facebook Page. Go to the “Posts” tab to the left, and you can open the Google Doc to see when help is needed most.
6. If you would like to purchase fast-food gift cards for places such as Chick-fil-A, In-N-Out Burger, Subway, or other restaurants, please bring them to our Fire Disaster Relief table that will be present on the patio this Sunday.
Thanks for you prayers and your support. Be on the look out for additional communications from me or others on our Foothills Response team.